Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Strange Things I've Seen in Rome.

So, we are a week into our time here in Rome and so far I have come across a few things that you just don't get back in the States. First the cars. They are so tiny! It is almost impossible to come across any type of SUV in this city. It is all about smart cars, which usually only hold two people, and vespas. The best part about these small vehicles is that you can park them just about anywhere. There is no need for 'real' parallel parking because I have seen people parked every which way along the streets and alleys. It's almost like parking tickets don't exist here for people to worry about proper parking in between the lines!

Possibly the strangest thing I've seen so far though was a tree right in the middle of a street. I stood on the sidewalk for a few minutes just starring at it
because I couldn't believe that they paved a road right around it. When cars tried to turn down the road they had to do so very cautiously because there was barely enough room between the sidewalk and the tree for them to turn. I guess this city really is environmentally friendly!

No comments: