Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trash in such a beautiful city?

In my mind I had this picturesque image of Rome before I came here. When I arrived it by far surpassed anything I could have ever imaged but I was so surprised by two things I saw on the second day of walking to class. First, when I was walking over the bridge I noticed all these plastic bottles and containers sitting in the Tiber River. I could not believe it. It reminded me of the Delaware River from back home, and that river is nothing special. The trash kind of took away from the picture perfect idea I had in my mind. Second, I saw an Italian man just throw his crumbled paper on the street. I know it's a city but I just thought of how many beautiful things are housed in this city and could not believe he did that. I know I would never think to litter here!

No comments: