Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cafés

The morning for many people is quite difficult but I love mornings. I enjoy all breakfast foods and the smell of fresh coffee brewing. A balanced breakfast can really effect your entire day and the Italians, I feel, think the same way. A stop at a local cafe or bar on the walk to work or school is an extremely common practice for most Italians, especially those living in the city of Rome. The cafes and bars in Rome are meeting place in the morning for people to chat while they drink their morning coffee and enjoy a fresh croissant and some fruit. I find it fascinating that at most of these cafes and bars people stand the entire time eating and engaging in conversation. Although space is extremely limited no one seems to mind. I decided to choose cafes and bars to observe in the morning hours because I have a love of breakfast and find the Italian way much different than my usual breakfast routine. I think it could be extremely rewarding to, at the end of my 7 weeks in Rome, incorporate the Italians take on breakfast into my own lifestyle back in the States.

No comments: