Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shopping by Campo de' Fiori

On my walk back home from school today, Nicole V. and I decided to stroll through Campo de' Fiori to see the food vendors there in the afternoon. I was so excited because the one vendor had these grapes that were so big and plump, my mouth began to salivate. Unfortunately when I asked how much and she said 7,40 euro, I was so disappointed. So we kept walking home without any grapes and decided to stop in a small clothing store. This was an experience. From having to leave my umbrella outside of the store, to the owner, which was a man mind you, basically in my hole of a dressing room asking me every five seconds if it was good and if I was going to buy it. I couldn't help but laugh the whole time at the situation I had gotten myself into. In the end, I did buy a really cute skirt that I love, but I don't know if I will be going back to Campo de' Fiori to buy fruits or clothes anytime too soon!

No comments: