Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ciao Trastevere, Roma!



We are living in Trastevere, Italy, which is just a short 20 minute walk to school. Throughout the past couple days we have taken different streets to get back to our apartment, which is located in a hospice, and by doing so I have fallen in love with our neighborhood. There are so many little shops, cafes, and restaurants that line each alley way and side street. The owners are all extremely welcoming as well. When we asked a business man the other day for help to get back to Trastevere we seemed shocked that we lived there because it is so nice. Almost every window has planted on it with the most vibrant colored flowers. There is this one house, located in the picture, that I plan to use as a model for my future home. The distressed red walls, little terrace, and chandelier that hangs inside is everything I've pictured Italy to be and it's located right in my neighborhood. I can't wait to keep exploring it as the weeks go on and blog about it!

No comments: