Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Is this real or a movie set?


So it's Sunday afternoon and what a better way to spend it than exploring Piazza Navona with the sun shining bright! As soon as I entered I noticed that there were so many families out together. It was so nice to see but also made me a little home sick. I decided to have some lunch at the restaurant Ai Tre Tartufi. It was directly in the middle of the piazza. I felt like I was on a movie set with the sun shinning, the beautiful architecture everywhere, and a boy playing an accordion while I ate my cannelloni. It was delicious. I couldn't imagine a more perfect Sunday afternoon.

While I was eating I noticed a theme occurring in the piazza. Everything that was happening had to do with the arts. There was lots of artwork for sale and painters creating masterpieces right on the street. There were guitar players, accordion players, and saxophone players all over the place. There was even a magician/mime putting on a show right in the middle. He drew in a huge crowd of on lookers. It seemed like an appreciation for the arts was on tap for Sunday afternoon in the piazza!

No comments: