Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last Morning in a Cafe in Rome


On my last day in Rome I figured I had to have one more breakfast at a cafe. Some of the girls and I decided to go to Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere to Caffe delle Arance. We had passed this cafe many times before and admired the many oranges that were displayed in the windows and the large flute glass that the spremuta came in.

When our spremuta arrived at our table I was elated. The spremuta was the best I had had since I arrived in Rome. It was so fresh and sweet. It woke me right up to explore Rome for the last time. I finished the entire glass, which is about a foot tall, within five minutes, and I felt great about it. The only thing to note about the spremuta is that it costs seven Euro, but it is well worth it.

I know that my Tropicana orange juice (which is my absolute favorite at home) won't even come close in comparison to a freshly squeezed glass of spremuta. I am considering buying a juicer at home so that I can make my own fresh squeezed orange juice.

No comments: