Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Home Wine Making

The other day, my boyfriend was telling me how him and his friend decided to learn how to brew their own beer. I thought it was such a great idea. It allows you to understand what you are drinking and enjoy your beer so much more.

So, I wondered if it would be possible to make your own wine, since it is a blog topic of mine. Much to my delight, it is extremely possible to do and fairly inexpensive once you complete the process a few times. All you need to do is a little research online and buy a few kits to begin.

To get started it is easiest to purchase an equipment starter kit and a wine ingredient kit. Since both kits contain everything that you need to create the perfect wine for your taste all you need to do next is add water. This will cause the fermentation process to occur and soon your wine will be ready.


  • please click here for a list of the contents of both kits
  • please click here for step-by-step instructions
  • a recipe for dry red and white table wine can be found here

"An Introduction to Homewinemaking & Homebrew." Home Wine Making. 2 Jun 2008. http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/.

"I want to make my own wine and beer!." Brewery Lane. Brewery Lane Ltd.. 2 Jun 2008. http://www.brewerylane.com/getting_started.html.

Crowe, Alison. "your first wine from fresh grapes." WineMaker. 2 Jun 2008. http://winemakermag.com/yourfirstwine/grapes.html.

No comments: