Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bicycles Everywhere in Amsterdam


Last weekend I was in Amsterdam, which is basically a city full of bicycles. Unlike Rome, where most people either drive smart cars or Vespas, bicycles are the major means of transportation in Amsterdam.

It is somewhat difficult to navigate your way around the city because of all the bicycles, trains, and cars. The 'sidewalks' contain a bike path but it is difficult to distinguish from the walking path. I swear I must have pissed off half of the locals riding bikes throughout the weekend because I was constantly in the wrong lane.


The bicycles also seemed to be old fashion. They were higher off the ground than most in the States and were simple in design. The taxis were even bicycles! They had three wheels with a bucket-type seat on the back. I wish I had the chance to ride in one but we walked everywhere. Better for us anyway!

No comments: