Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Homemade Wine in Boys' Town


While we were in Boys' Town of Rome, we were able to see the cellar where they store and sell the wine that they produce. The cold and musty room with cement floors and white, subway tiles that covered the walls had spouts all along the walls where the wine would come out.

You have the choice of either white or red wine to purchase. Anyone wishing to purchase the wine can bring their own water bottles or they can use the liter and a half bottles that they have in the shop to be filled with wine. It costs about 1,20 Euro for white and 1,50 Euro for red per liter.

I purchased a liter and a half of the red table wine. It is sweet and goes perfectly with all of my pasta dishes that I have been making for dinner. I really enjoy knowing where my wine came from and that my money is going to help boys that are in need.

No comments: