Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Boys Town (before)

During my visit to Boys Town I am interested in seeing how the community works together as a whole. It is not easy for teenagers to get along, let alone have a functioning community that runs relatively smoothly.

I want to understand how their 'government' system works as a whole. I would like to see how they create different rules and enforce them. I want to know if and how they deal with people who do not follow the rules. I would like to ask our guide how he became the head of the community and if they hold elections.

I am fascinated by the idea of a community being run solely by teenagers and can't really understand it all maintains such order. I hope to find this all out on Friday.

No comments: