Enjoy reading my blog throughout my 7 weeks in Roma this summer! Ciao!

Monday, June 16, 2008

English Breakfast in Rome?

Breakfast in Rome is typically quite small, so when Hilary told me that she found a place for a Sunday brunch I was eager to try it. The restaurant is called the Stardust Cafe. We made sure of the hours they were open and the location before leaving for the open market in Trastevere Sunday morning. Numerous websites said that it was open for brunch on Sunday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. It couldn't have sounded more perfect.

They supposedly have a real English breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, baked beans (which I could do without), bread, and a coffee all for only 11 Euro.

If you are wondering why I have yet to tell you how delicious it was, it is because when we finally made it to the tiny alley way and read the tiny sign with the restaurant's name we discovered something horrible. The restaurant's metal gates were down and they were closed! Yes, the websites were wrong and the restaurant (which was to be the highlight of my weekend in Rome) was not open for Sunday brunch.

Needless to say I was not a happy girl after this. I went straight to the apartment to call my dad and explain that this only made my desire for his fabulous pancakes even stronger! Only 12 more days until they are mine!

No comments: